Walk 55 – West Itchenor to The Winner, Sussex
The grey murk descended as I walked the shoreline from West Itchenor to The Winner, West Sussex.
Surprisingly, there were some good stretches of shingle walking south along Chichester Harbour, and some not so friendly areas of estuary slop!
Even the bland sky though could not hide the sandy beauty of The Winner and the dunes at East Head and The Spit.
At low tide there are plenty of sand bars to explore before being submerged once more.
On this walk…
- Pretty harbour village at West Itchenor
- Search for fossils along the harbour shoreline (I found one)
- East Head is a great place for seal spotting
- The Winner is ideal for a picnic
- OS Explorer map OL8 Chichester, South Harting and Selsey