Scotney Castle

Dating back to 1137, Lambert de Scoteni is given as the original estate owner, while the ruined castle we see today was originally built around 1378 by Roger Ashburnham.

SCOTNEY CASTLE

Centuries later, the grand house which overlooks the castle, was constructed by Edward Hussey from sandstone quarried from the estate grounds.

The National Trust took over the property after the death of Christopher Hussey in 1970.

This beautiful castle, house and gardens can be found just off the A21, south of Lamberhurst, Kent.